Getting Data In

Active Directory inputs missing SYNC event types after 6.2.1 upgrade?

mcrawford44
Communicator

As the question above states;

Since the 6.2.1 update of Splunk, our active directory inputs are no longer gathering 'admonEventType=Sync' events.

Sync events are the main meat of the AD indexes, containing the actual listing for objects.

Our last _time entry is 12/16/2014 around 10am, immediately after the 6.2.1 update.

The other 3 admonEventTypes are still collected. Start, Scheme, update.

I have recreated the inputs on 2 servers in different location, and the same behavior remains. Only 3 of the event types are being collected.

corey_dick
Path Finder

The solution is to remove the following line from the admon stanza in inputs.conf file in the system\default folder:

baseline=0

Adding baseline=1 to the inputs.conf in the system\local folder has no effect from what I could see. This issue effects all versions of 6.2 and 6.3.

0 Karma

mcrawford44
Communicator

Splunk support was able to replicate this bug and have submitted a ticket; SPL-104212

Awaiting response, and I will post any remediation steps here.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...