Getting Data In

Active Directory Monitoring results

rodman

I've been testing out the data input Active Directory Monitoring on my new Splunk 4.3 implementation. I've been able to get results in and have done some controlled tests to see what sort of data this will give, however, one thing that I've noticed with the results is that any events that show up, do not show the name, SID, or account of the administrator who has made the change.

Does anyone know if you can get this type of information from this data input? Or maybe associate it with an appropriate security event from the DC?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Douggg
Explorer

What about importing Microsoft/AD event (evt and evtx) files? Is there any documentation on how to do it?

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Given the problem, you want to use a Splunk Universal Forwarder to read the WinEventLog:Security. The Splunk App for Active Directory provides all the field extractions necessary to do what you need to do.

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is precisely the information that is provided by the Splunk App for Active Directory. Check on http://docs.splunk.com for information on this app.

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...