Getting Data In

A splunktcp forwarder port is not configured in inputs.conf

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I installed a heavy-forwarder, and will be monitoring some logfiles. I configured the inputs/outputs/props conf file and I restarted the forwarder, and it keeps telling me that "A splunktcp forwarder port is not configured in inputs.conf". I'm not looking to monitor any ports - why is it telling me that?

Tags (1)

mukherjee_mk
Explorer

I see the same issue too. Is it something particular to Splunk 5?

0 Karma

Ricapar
Communicator

I'm seeing the same message in my Universal Forwarder's log files as well.
This forwarder is only supposed to be reading local log files - not receiving events from any ports.

For now I'm ignoring the message.. but I'm still curious as to why it is showing up.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

splunktcp is used by your receivers (indexers) that your forwarder is sending data to.
In your forwarder's outputs.conf , is the receiver host that you have specified correctly setup and listening on the splunktcp port ?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...