Getting Data In

4.2.1 on AIX 6.1

Branden
Builder

I noticed support for AIX 6.1 as of Splunk 4.2. Great!

Then I noticed support for AIX 6.1 taken away with Splunk 4.2.1, or at least it is no longer listed. AIX 5.2 and 5.3 is still listed, but AIX 6.1 is not.

Is this an oversight, or is there a problem with AIX 6.1 on Splunk 4.2.1? I didn't see anything in the release notes...

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would say it's an oversight. I've not tried 4.2.1 on an AIX 6.1 machine yet, but AIX has very good binary compatibility across operating system versions.

Branden
Builder

Thanks for the fast response!

I've been running Splunk on AIX 6.1 for quite a while now and haven't had a problem.
It wouldn't have bothered me if it was never on the list in the first place. I was just spooked that it was on the 4.2 list, but then it wasn't on the 4.2.1 list. 🙂 Wasn't sure if there was a specific reason...

But, yes, I think you're probably right.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...