Feedback
Got feedback? We want it! Submit your comments and suggestions for our community here.

Setting Splunk Community Signatures

nickhills
Ultra Champion

I am curious if it is possible to set a signature here in the community. 

I do see some posts which appear to have a signature on each post, but for me I do not appear to have the ability to set one. 

Am I looking in the right place, or are people just appending a "signature" manually to each post?

Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 12.19.31.png

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
1 Solution

ppablo
Retired

Help has arrived! Glad you pinged me on this @nickhills ! Major miss on my part, honestly. I believed that higher ranks automatically earned the permissions (roles) of previous ranks, but apparently, skipping over the others = not having it automatically assigned to your account. I'll definitely be working to remedy this today for everyone. I've gone ahead and fixed your permissions, so please check your user profile settings now and let me know if you see the Signature field. 

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. You're awesome and a life-saver.

Patrick

View solution in original post

nickhills
Ultra Champion

@ppablo Are you able to help?

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Help has arrived! Glad you pinged me on this @nickhills ! Major miss on my part, honestly. I believed that higher ranks automatically earned the permissions (roles) of previous ranks, but apparently, skipping over the others = not having it automatically assigned to your account. I'll definitely be working to remedy this today for everyone. I've gone ahead and fixed your permissions, so please check your user profile settings now and let me know if you see the Signature field. 

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. You're awesome and a life-saver.

Patrick

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Hi Patrick!

I can confirm that I can now set a signature and also noticed I can also change my username! (Something I suggested on Splunk ideas many moons ago!)

Thanks so much!

Sad I didn't get to come and see you at .conf this year!

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi Nick!

Awesome, thanks for confirming 🙂 Glad to help. And yep! Community members who are consistent contributors/participants on here can now earn the permission to change their public display name. Though if others have a need to change their public display name because it may contain sensitive information, they can reach out to community_help@splunk.com and either myself or my teammate can help out with those requests.

And totally bummed this year completely changed things and missed out on the chance to see you and other cool folks in the community ;0 But I hope you, your family, and friends are all staying safe and healthy! 

Take care!

Patrick

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Thanks @rnowitzki , my rank is pretty high so I wonder if there is something odd going on. Thanks for the feedback though!

0 Karma

rnowitzki
Builder

Hi @nickhills ,

You are in the right spot, but the signature feature is (for some reason) only available if you have a certain amount of karma, posts or age of account or some other metric.

I could not find it myself earlier this year, then suddenly it appeared.

BR
Ralph

--
Karma and/or Solution tagging appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...