Deployment Architecture

web-features.conf in Clustered Environment

makelovenotwar
Path Finder

I would like to allow list a url from my dashboards so that no more redirection warnings pop up.  Per the documentation, I can do this by editing web-features.conf on my SHs.

What would be the proper way to push this as a bundle? I tried creating and modifying web-features.conf  in an app context on the SHC Deployer (../shcluster/apps/myapp/default/web-features.conf) directory but I still got the pop up (yes, I restarted the SHs). After using "apply shcluster-bundle",  I used btool AND show config to verify the config changes appeared on the SHs. No dice.

If I modify web-features.conf directly on the SHs (../etc/system/local/web-features.conf), it works perfectly.

Thank you!

my edited web-features.conf below:

[feature:dashboards_csp]
dashboards_trusted_domain.domain1 = *myurl.com

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

twollenslegel_s
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Per the docs, it must be in sytem/local
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Web-featuresconf

# To use one or more of these configurations, copy the configuration block into
# the web-features.conf file located in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/. You must restart
# Splunk software after you make changes to this setting to enable configurations.

BTW, Btool isn't always the best way to check settings as it just reads the OS files and parses the data there, the configuration files seen by btool may or may not be valid.

View solution in original post

makelovenotwar
Path Finder

Fair enough. I wish there was a Splunk way to push these changes to system/local that didn't include a third party application.

Would you recommend show config vs btool in this case?

0 Karma

twollenslegel_s
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I reached out to the development team and let them know your concerns, I have the same issue with an app I am developing as well. Not sure there will be any changes, but at least they know about it. 

twollenslegel_s
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Per the docs, it must be in sytem/local
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Web-featuresconf

# To use one or more of these configurations, copy the configuration block into
# the web-features.conf file located in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/. You must restart
# Splunk software after you make changes to this setting to enable configurations.

BTW, Btool isn't always the best way to check settings as it just reads the OS files and parses the data there, the configuration files seen by btool may or may not be valid.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...