Deployment Architecture

setup of secondary deployment server

las
Contributor

Hello.

I would like to setup a secondary deployment server, and have found some hints and tips and the manual, it might be me, just not reading it correctly, but I seem kind of stuck.

I would like to set it up the following way.

Primary DS

- All apps to be distributed
- serverclass.conf, that includes the secondary DS, so all apps will be copied to this server in deployment-apps. Now this serverclass.conf also includes the distribution to the Universal forwarders, so I only have one copy that gets edited, and deployed to all the other servers.

This means, as far as I can see, that all the distibuting apps must land in deployment-apps on the secondary DS, but the app that contains the serverclass.conf, must land in apps, and be used as a "normal" app on the secondary DS, while at the same time be an app on the primary.

Just one last thing, I would really like to be able to use a wildcard in serverclass.conf, so I won't have to manually write all the apps in the stanza [serverclass:< class name >:app:< app name >]

Thanks in advance.

las

0 Karma
1 Solution

las
Contributor

Sorry.

It works quite nicely, I just had a typo with a lowercase c in serverClass.

Im doing some testing regards install errors.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

wrangler2x
Motivator

Take a look at this Splunk answer and scroll down to the one which references https://gist.github.com/sworisbreathing/d236895568eaf31da579

This is also somewhat useful at a high level: http://answers.splunk.com/answers/37649/multiple-deployment-servers-configuration.html

0 Karma

las
Contributor

Sorry.

It works quite nicely, I just had a typo with a lowercase c in serverClass.

Im doing some testing regards install errors.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...