Deployment Architecture

custom search

mahe90
Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to use the custom command to read the data from other database and return to Splunk as query results. I understand that a custom command can be developed in python script and I'm thinking that python script can read the data from the database and return to Splunk. 

I have few questions here: 

1. When we execute the custom search command in Splunk search GUI - does custom search command requests goes to Indexer?  In other words, do I need the indexers when i just run only the custom search command in my Splunk distributed environment?
  2. The custom search command had to retrieve lots of data from database. So, the custom search can be used for large volume of databases and performance issues can be anticipated for custom search commands? 
  3. How Splunk handles the custom search commands in backend - when there are multiple users execute the custom search command - Splunk executes the python script in the same thread (or) in different thread per user search request?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...