Deployment Architecture

Why is the LDAP User Default App Not Used in Search Head Cluster and Defaults to Launcher?

scc00
Contributor

LDAP User configured default application does not take effect within a Search Head Cluster with LDAP configurations deployed via an auth_ldap app containing authorize.conf and authentication.conf under /shcluster/apps pushed from the Deployer.

When the Search Heads are logged into the LDAP users are defaulted to the /en-US/app/launcher/home page. How can I get the default application for each user to work?

Note the app was already defined for each Role.

0 Karma
1 Solution

scc00
Contributor

So the answer as provided by p_gurav is to simply update the default app on one of the clustered search heads and it should replicate. This worked for me.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

scc00
Contributor

So the answer as provided by p_gurav is to simply update the default app on one of the clustered search heads and it should replicate. This worked for me.

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Can you try configuring on 1 search head instead of pushing it from deployer?

0 Karma

scc00
Contributor

So I configured it on the deployer and then pushed it out to the search heads. are you saying i should configure LDAP on a search head first then push it out?

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Configure on 1 search head , as it is in clustered it will automatically replicate on another.

0 Karma

scc00
Contributor

Awesome. Thanks. simple.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...