Deployment Architecture

Why is my REST call from one search head to another search head not returning anything?

net1993
Path Finder

Hello

I have a REST call and I am on SH1, and I am trying to follow the REST, but there comes nothing from SH2. Where is the data I am interested located at?

rest :

| rest splunk_server=* count=0 /services/saved/searches 

the same rest is working ok if executed locally on SH..

Anybody experience the same issue and have a clever solution?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Search heads don't search other search heads (OK, there are exceptions, but they don't apply here). Searches are executed by indexers. If you need data from SH2 then you need to sign in to SH2.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sohailmohammed
Explorer

Hello there,

I am facing the same issue here.. I get different results when I run a rest call. 
For example I ran a rest command to bring all the dashboards on h1 search head it brings 300 to me and for my colleague it brings 305 on same h1 search head. What may be the problem ?

Also if I get 300 results on SH H1, I see different count on H2 with 310 results.. what is the issue here for this inconsistencies ? 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Search heads don't search other search heads (OK, there are exceptions, but they don't apply here). Searches are executed by indexers. If you need data from SH2 then you need to sign in to SH2.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...