Deployment Architecture

Why am I not receiving events into Splunk enterprise from the remote splunk forwarder?

jerrin
Explorer

I have an enterprise and a forwarder on the remote system
Mid Jan 2020 I am not receiving any events from the forwarder.
The team who build this hasn't documented about how it was configured. I referred all the documentation on the splunk>answers and I have tried with no luck to find the cause and fix. I am a newbie on splunk. Both servers are on AWS. Nothing changed as per my knowledge last month. Please help rectify.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

First, you should know about the Inherited Deployments manual (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.1/InheritedDeployment/Introduction). It contains a lot of good guidance on how to figure out what you have.

Obviously, something changed a few weeks ago. Finding it will be the challenge.

Start by verifying the forwarder is running. Verify it can connect to the indexer ("enterprise"). If it can't, check the firewalls on each server as well as the AWS security groups on each end.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Registration for Splunk University is Now Open!

Are you ready for an adventure in learning?   Brace yourselves because Splunk University is back, and it's ...

Splunkbase | Splunk Dashboard Examples App for SimpleXML End of Life

The Splunk Dashboard Examples App for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 19, 2024, after which no new ...

Understanding Generative AI Techniques and Their Application in Cybersecurity

Watch On-Demand Artificial intelligence is the talk of the town nowadays, with industries of all kinds ...