Deployment Architecture

Where is actually SPLUNK_DB located?

pavanae
Builder

Hi,

Whenever i create a new index in my licensed standalone version it automatically taking the home path,cold path as follows

$SPLUNK_DB/hot/index1/db
$SPLUNK_DB/cold/index1/db

Where can i see the cold and hot bucket logs?

1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi pavanae,

again docs to the rescue; it is set in splunk-launch.conf http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Splunk-launchconf

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi pavanae,

again docs to the rescue; it is set in splunk-launch.conf http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Splunk-launchconf

cheers, MuS

pavanae
Builder

Just a small Clarification so SPLUNK_DB is actually the path in the splunk server or some outside path?

0 Karma

J0hnWebster

Which server is splunk-launch.conf found on?
It would be helpful to note on ALL questions regarding file locations, which functional node they're on.
Thanks.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This file is used on all Splunk instances, even universal forwarders, and is found in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc on *nix or $SPLUNK_HOME/etc on *win

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

samhodgson
Path Finder

What if you have a distributed environment? your indexes are not stored on the local filesystem. Do I need to have $SPLUNK_DB set on my searchhead?

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Indexes are always stored on a local filesystem.
Even if that filesystem is mounted from elsewhere, Splunk treats it as local (Don't do this btw!)
Its the same as @MuS mentioned on UFs, HFs, SHs and even distributed indexers.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, $SPLUNK_HOME is the path to Splunk. $SPLUNK_DB is the path to your indexes which can be stored outside of Splunk

pavanae
Builder

Thanks got it

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...