Deployment Architecture

What I can do to get the config in a Windows recognizable format?

InfinityATX
Observer

I have a distributed environment with a search head (with deployment server) and indexer.

I SSH into the search head and create the app to deployed, configure inputs.conf with a barebones config (using vi/vim), and deploy to a universal forwarder set up on a windows server.

It deploys the app, but when I view the deployed inputs.conf on the windows server, all line breaks have been removed and it is all compressed into a single line.

I tried using the commands :set enc=utf8 in vim, but it had no effect. Any thoughts on what I can do to get the config in a windows recognizable format?

Thanks!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'd chalk it up to the difference between Linux and Window line ends.  If you're using Notepad to view the file, try notepad++, instead.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...