Deployment Architecture

Use of output from two indexes

aksampat

Hi,

I need some help with building a query where the output comes from two different indexes.
Index1:
index=A sourcetype=B | eval cpu_used=1-cpu_idle | eval totalcpu = cpu_used*100

Index2:
index=C sourcetype=D timechart count span=1m AS REQ

Now I need to combine these two and do totalcpu/REQ
How to do this?

Thanks,
Amit

Tags (1)
0 Karma

aksampat

Thank you all

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Aksampat, as you are a new member, thought to remind you - Can you please accept as answer.. maybe an upvote for the unaccepted answer

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Aksampat, as you are a new member, thought to remind you - Can you please accept as answer.. maybe an upvote for the unaccepted answer

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

following MuS's great post, lets check this one -

index=A OR index=C sourcetype=B OR sourcetype=D 
| eval cpu_used=1-cpu_idle | eval totalcpu = cpu_used*100 | stats values(count) AS REQ 
| eval result = totalcpu/REQ
0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi aksampat,

I will not solve your problem right now, BUT a good starting point is this answer https://answers.splunk.com/answers/129424/how-to-compare-fields-over-multiple-sourcetypes-without-jo... or the awesome March 2016 post on this page http://wiki.splunk.com/Virtual_.conf

Keep pushing and use stats to the limits 😉

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...