Deployment Architecture

Unable to bind Search Head with indexer

dhamumarch03

Am learning Splunk Admin,
I am trying to bind search head with indexer, while configuring am getting error saying "Encountered the following error while trying to save: Error while sending public key to search peer: Connect Timeout".

I have created 3 AWS EC2 instances.
1 instance with UF installed with port 8089 opened ---App Server (Created inputs.conf & outputs.conf)
1 Instance with full package installed with ports 8000,8080,9997 --Indexer (configured Receiving port 9997)
1 Instance with full package installed with ports 8000,8080,9997 --Search Head (configured Receiving port 9997).

From Indexer I am able to pull the data from the App server, but unable to bind the Search Head with Indexer.

please help me.

//Dhamodaram

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Do this:
1: The Search Head does not receive so turn off port 9997.
2: The UF does not need admin, so turn off port 8089.
3: The indexers receive searches from the Search Head on port 8089 so turn that on for the Indexers.

0 Karma

dhamumarch03

Hi Woodcock,

Thanks for your help.

//Dhamodaram

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Be sure to click Accept to close the question if it worked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...