Deployment Architecture

Splunk restart

sr_dhinesh
Path Finder

Splunk after restart does not respond: It says page cannot be displayed if refreshed,
After checking the services.msc it is stopped. I then start it, it works fine.
I am new to splunk, is this normal or is there any changes we need to do to figure this out?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

MHibbin
Influencer

In services.msc for the Splunk services (there should be two), you can set it to be "Automatic" under "Start-up Type". Additionally, what user are you running Splunk as? -does that user have the correct permissions.

You may want to check the Event Viewer, to see if there is any reason the services are not starting on boot, if the above setting is already applied.

0 Karma

sr_dhinesh
Path Finder

Thank you for your response:
The option by default is in Automatic
I have admin rights on it. Also it is not at the boot time but everytime i install something and want to restart the splunk in web GUI, it is stuck there. I would have to manually start the services and it works fine

0 Karma

damode
Motivator

Hi @sr_dhinesh,

I have been facing the same issue ever since I changed Splunk to run as Domain account from local account.
Were you able to get around this issue eventually ? if yes, then please share your solution. Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...