Deployment Architecture

Serverclass using CSV

Murali_Tesco
Engager

Hi All,

I have a case where we want to Whitelist servers using a CSV or  TXT file,

I tried creating a simple CSV and tried to push the app with no joy, have been trying to look around for any example implementation using the same and i was not able to find any.

Could some body help me.

For testing i am using

[serverClass:test4]
filterType = whitelist
whitelist.from_pathname =/opt/splunk/etc/system/local/test.txt
[serverClass:test4:app:test4]

Thanks in advance

M

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Murali_Tesco
Engager

@manjunathmeti ,

Thank you for getting back to me, I figured where I was making the mistake.

Because I was giving the full path /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/test.txt, Splunk also adds $SPLUNK_HOME and then it was giving an error stating no such file exist

Then I changed it to etc/system/local/test.txt then it started to work.

Thank you again.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

1. Your txt file should contain one <clientName>, <IP address>, or <hostname> is given per line. 

printer.splunk.com
scanner.splunk.com
*.web.splunk.com
test.splunk.com

2. Did you restarted splunk once you made changes in /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/serverclass.conf file?

3. Make sure deploymentclient.conf is created in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/ in clients with deployment server details.

4. Check if deployment clients and apps are listed in Forwarder Management in the deployment server.

If this reply helps you, an upvote/like would be appreciated.

0 Karma

Murali_Tesco
Engager

@manjunathmeti ,

Thank you for getting back to me, I figured where I was making the mistake.

Because I was giving the full path /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/test.txt, Splunk also adds $SPLUNK_HOME and then it was giving an error stating no such file exist

Then I changed it to etc/system/local/test.txt then it started to work.

Thank you again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...