Deployment Architecture

Sending splunk data through a dlp to a heavy forwarder

jcgever
Explorer

Got a customer wanting the UFs to send data to the forcepoint DLP and then to the intermediate heavy forwarder. The reason is to have the dlp mask PII even though we could have splunk do that. Any reason that that this data flow wouldn't work?

An admin that I have to go through for the UF installs and the DLP setup tells me that forcepoint can't read splunk data sent to it which I don't believe. 

Apologies for possibly an easy question but any documentation to support the above architecture would be great. 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jcgever ,

UFs can send logs ony to a Splunk HF or to an Indexer, it isn't possible to send logs to a DLP to mask them and then to an HF.

If you want to mask your data before indexing, you can do this in the HF, following the instruction at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.1/Data/Anonymizedata

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...