Deployment Architecture

SSL to License Master?

mikelongley
Engager

Hi,

We run a distributed architecture in which we have organisations connecting in to our license master, and one organisation has been having trouble connecting. We checked the usual network troubleshooting and it seems fine, and I eventually found a line in the splunkd log suggesting an SSL error:

"WARN HttpListener - Socket error from X.X.X.X:Y while idling: error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown protocol"

So I didn't think license management traffic actually had an SSL option in the first place, and can't see any reference to it in Splunk's SSL documentation. Has anyone seen any similar errors or have any idea how it might be resolved?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Karma

jcaceres
Explorer

unknown protocol indicates that the connecting client is sending a SSL request that the Splunk server doesn't understand.

Check your output of 

splunk btool server list --debug sslConfig

and reference the Splunk docs @isoutamo  provided for supported SSL protocols.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...