Deployment Architecture

Rotuing data to specific indexes

aab5272
Engager

I have situtationn where i have cluster master which managed the indexer cluster . I am getiing data in load balancing way based on autoLBfrequency . Now i want to route data at a particular index , do iahve to make change in props.conf and tansform.conf at the master or at each peer indexer ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

WalshyB
Path Finder

On the Cluster Master, the app is in /etc/master-apps right?

Change the props, transforms in the relevant app and then push the cluster bundle - ./splunk apply cluster-bundle

This will push the new bundle to the cluster members. If you need information on the filtering, please let me know

Example on filtering:
within transforms

[index_filter_example]
REGEX = regex for what you want to match
FORMAT = index name
DEST_KEY = _MetaData:Index

within props
[sourcetype]
TRANSFORMS-index_filters = index_filter_example, .....

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi aab5272,
sorry but I don't understand yyour need: are you speaking about forwarding data to indexers and do you want to send data to a clustered index?
in this case you have only to specify index in your inputs.conf file on forwarders.

If instead you want to send logs to a non clustered index that is present in only one Indexer, you have to use selective indexing (see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.1/Forwarding/Routeandfilterdatad).

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

aab5272
Engager

yes My cluster is indexer cluster . and other question is that how does splunk handle creation of indexes?
like ket say i have multisite indexer cluster where would i create index ?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In indexers cluster, indexes are created on the master node, otherwise they aren't replicated.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

WalshyB
Path Finder

On the Cluster Master, the app is in /etc/master-apps right?

Change the props, transforms in the relevant app and then push the cluster bundle - ./splunk apply cluster-bundle

This will push the new bundle to the cluster members. If you need information on the filtering, please let me know

Example on filtering:
within transforms

[index_filter_example]
REGEX = regex for what you want to match
FORMAT = index name
DEST_KEY = _MetaData:Index

within props
[sourcetype]
TRANSFORMS-index_filters = index_filter_example, .....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...