Deployment Architecture

REST API and search head cluster

sarit_s
Communicator

Hello,

In our system, Splunk REST API does a login call to Splunk in one of the search heads and gets a token from that search head.

Later on, the load balancer changes the search head that Splunk REST API is connected to.
The service is still logged into the previous search head with the token from that search head, but it's sending this token to a different search head which still hasn't been logged into.

How can I solve this issue now that we are running with search head cluster?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You need to turn on sticky sessions feature on your load balancer based on session_id_PORTNUMBER cookie.

0 Karma

sarit_s
Communicator

that means it will be sticky what happens if the instances its tied to crashes and the load balancer switches instances?
also it will always be the same session on the same splunk instance ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...