Deployment Architecture

Migrating data from main index to new index in splunk cloud

rajiv_r
Explorer

I have pushed all my sourcetype in the main index since it was streaming through single app. Now i required to move the data from main index to a new index and i am using splunk cloud instance. So can anyone please help in migrating the data from main index to the new index in splunk cloud instance

Tags (1)
0 Karma

anmolpatel
Builder
0 Karma

rajiv_r
Explorer

Yes anmol, i have already seen those links. It dint help me as all of them have given the guidelines for the splunk enterprise version not for the splunk self service cloud deployment. Splunk cloud deployment does not have an access to the folder structure to copy and paste the main index data to the new index.

0 Karma

anmolpatel
Builder

@rajiv_r apologies, i missed the tag. As per the Splunk docs, user doesn't have the permission to migrate or move indexes:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/8.0.2001/User/ManageIndexes

you would want to raise a Support ticket for that if you want to move all data.

Alternatively, if you want to push some data across to a new index, you can create the new index and use the collect command. This will put the data into the summary index.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...