Deployment Architecture

List all deploy clients without an assigned server-class

linuxchuck
Explorer

Does anyone have a good way to list out all clients that do not fall within any of the defined server-classes?

I've found several examples on listing clients by server-class, but everything I've seen so far only reports on clients that have at least 1 server-class assigned. I am looking for a way to find all the "orphan" clients that may be in subnets that I have not yet created a server-class for.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

I think that it can not be confirmed with regular expressions.
I think that it is necessary to create with 1APP1 definition by IP, server name, etc.

Or ... Search the log for deployment clients without APP updates.

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

Maybe start with the ones that report back via the MC and exclude the ones that are already in serverclass.conf...

0 Karma

linuxchuck
Explorer

Unfortunately I'm dealing with a large distributed network of a few thousand hosts across dozens of subnets. I was hoping for something a bit more scalable.

I appreciate your input, and thanks for your time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...