Deployment Architecture

License Violations on Splunk free trial- How do I fix this?

bowlerhorace
Engager

Good Day,

I am a brand new Splunk user who recently downloaded the free trial splunk license. I was using it in conjunction with a class from Udemy. Yesterday I did something to receive a license warning. I have no idea what I did or how to get rid of the searches that are causing the warnings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

With the Splunk Trial License, searches do not cause license violations.  License violations are caused by ingesting more then 500MB of data in a 24-hour period.  Violations go away automatically after 30 days.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowlerhorace
Engager

Thank you for the fast response, I appreciate it. I am trying to go back through and find out what happened and why it happened.  

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

With the Splunk Trial License, searches do not cause license violations.  License violations are caused by ingesting more then 500MB of data in a 24-hour period.  Violations go away automatically after 30 days.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...