Deployment Architecture

Kv store migration before or after Splunk upgrade to 9.0.1

daisy
Explorer

Hi all,

we are planing to update to version 9.0.1. and I was wondering if the kv store migration from mmap v1 to WiredTiger  obligatory is? The first sentence from the Splunk documentatiosn says "Splunk Enterprise versions 9.0 and higher require the WiredTiger storage engine and server version 4.2" but I was wondering if something will go wrong if we don't perform the kv store migration before the Splunk upgrade or if we don't perform the migration at all.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

daisy
Explorer

@richgalloway - thanks for the quick response. Is the migration obligatory though or optional?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I recommend switching to wiredTiger before upgrading to 9.0.  Depending on your architecture, however, the upgrade may switch you wiredTiger automatically.   See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Admin/MigrateKVstore

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...