Deployment Architecture

Is there a way to not lose all the events in this bucket with a corrupted journal.zst file?

aatik5u
Path Finder

Hello everyone!

I am working on test environment where I only have one Splunk instance. I edited on the journal.zst file in one of my buckets (I have a buckup) just to test the data integrity, so now it's corrupted. my question is, is there a way to not lose all the events in this bucket ? I tried fsck and rebuild but the bucket is still corrupted with data integrity check being unsuccessful which is normal.

I'm not sure if it's possible in the real world to face such an issue, but m curious to know what would the best strategy be.

any help would be appreciated 🙂 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried restoring the backup?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

aatik5u
Path Finder

thank you @richgalloway  for your answer.

yes when I use the backup it is not corrupted. I guess my question didn't make any sense. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...