Deployment Architecture

Is it possible to deploy an external authentication script to all search heads in a search head cluster using a deployment server?

ronak
Path Finder

Setup

Splunk 6.2.1
Search head cluster with 3 search heads in a cluster

Need

I have an external authentication script "myAuthscript.py" sitting in $SPLUNK_HOME/bin on one of the search heads. The script does its job. I wanted to understand how to deploy this script to other search heads ? Can deployment server be utilized?

Today, it is not a problem to copy this file to three search heads, but when I have 30 search heads in a cluster, what can be done to automate this activity?

Any pointers?

thanks, ronak

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This could be deployed with a deployent server to the Search Heads. You would just need to create the app and put the python scripts in the $app_name$/bin folder.
Caveats to this would depend on how and what exactly your authscript is doing..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...