Deployment Architecture

Index from one indexer to another (non-clustered)

troyfred
Explorer

Hello,

So I have a rather unique issue that I am really having trouble with. We have a client that has their own splunk system in place. They send their data in a multitude of indexes to the their main indexer, nothing odd there. What we need though is to have a select grouping of indexes sent from their indexer, to our splunk on another network. A suggestion was made to basically query the indexes and toss them into a file then read that as a log. While that is an option I believe will work, it is a little ghetto and also consumes more disk space. Is there a native way of after something is indexed, for the indexer to also forward it on to us? I talked with our client about having the universal forwarder on the devices send to both indexers (which was way easy but they do not want the network bandwidth on those systems taxed more than they already are), so here I am trying to find the best method to do this. Thanks in advance for any possible assistance.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...