Deployment Architecture

How to push a report result.txt file created in Splunk to a remote location?

shivarpith
Path Finder

Hi,

We have a few reports running in Splunk for stats count of a certain type of events. We are successfully generating a txt file using | outputcsv results.txt but this file is created in a var/run/splunk, whereas we need this file to be pushed to a remote server where it can further travel to fulfill its purpose.

is there a way, please help

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Karma

jensonthottian
Contributor

Splunk has no default command to have the results sent to a remote location. You can use either of the below two approaches :

1. Create a python script which will take a file as input and scp to remote location. Now add this script as a command (i.e securecopy)in Splunk by making entries in commands.conf and authorize.conf . Use this is command after your search string |securecopy results.txt

2. Create a cron which continuously poll for any new *.txt created recently and will scp to remote location.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...