Deployment Architecture

How to create custom network port?

sanjubaba
Path Finder

How to create custom network port to receive data on Splunk syslog server ? I don't want data to be received on default port.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sanjubaba,

are you speaking of receiving logs from Forwarders or syslogs?

if Forwarders, go in [Settings -- Forwardering and Receiving -- Configure Receiving[ on Indexers and choose the port you like (9997 is the default).

If syslogs, choose the port in the inputs configuration [Settings -- Data Inputs -- TCP/UDP -- New Local TCP/UDP], (514 is the default).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

sanjubaba
Path Finder

@gcusello I want logs on syslog server(which is the forwarder machine) from network devices.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sanjubaba,

let me understand:

you have an Heavy Forwarder that has to receive syslogs, is this correct?

If this is your need, you have to go in the network inputs and set the port you want.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability - Improvements to Custom Metrics SLOs, Log Observer Connect & ...

The latest enhancements to the Splunk observability portfolio deliver improved SLO management accuracy, better ...

Improve Data Pipelines Using Splunk Data Management

Register Now   This Tech Talk will explore the pipeline management offerings Edge Processor and Ingest ...

3-2-1 Go! How Fast Can You Debug Microservices with Observability Cloud?

Register Join this Tech Talk to learn how unique features like Service Centric Views, Tag Spotlight, and ...