Deployment Architecture

How to copy index from Linux to Windows?

Carolina
Engager

Hi,

We have a Linux server with diferents indexes but I need to migrate a index a windows server.
We copy all files from the path /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/hola/db to the path /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/hola/db in windows server. We restart the window server but when I search , the index do not have data.
In the log show me the following message:
08-19-2019 15:26:46.440 -0500 INFO DatabaseDirectoryManager - Getting size on disk: Unable to get size on disk for bucket id=mail~109~C80ED455-8952-4FF9-A9E4-FE78A7D71A68 path="C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\lib\splunk\mail\thaweddb\db_1560957712_1560956580_109" (This is usually harmless as we may be racing with a rename in BucketMover or the S2SFileReceiver thread, which should be obvious in log file; the previous WARN message about this path can safely be ignored.) caller=getBucketManifestValues

Regards.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The default for $SPLUNK_DB is not /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk for Windows. You either need to update $SPLUNK_DB or better yet, create an EXPLICIT path in your indexes.conf entry.

0 Karma

Carolina
Engager

Hi,
I update tha path and file (indexes.conf) but I do not function.
I validate the log and I show me the following messages
08-19-2019 15:26:46.440 -0500 INFO DatabaseDirectoryManager - Getting size on disk: Unable to get size on disk for bucket id=mail~109~C80ED455-8952-4FF9-A9E4-FE78A7D71A68 path="C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\lib\splunk\mail\thaweddb\db_1560957712_1560956580_109" (This is usually harmless as we may be racing with a rename in BucketMover or the S2SFileReceiver thread, which should be obvious in log file; the previous WARN message about this path can safely be ignored.) caller=getBucketManifestValues
Regards.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You should NOT be messing with thaweddb! You are NOT thawing, you are merely moving!

0 Karma

Carolina
Engager

what is the process correct for change of index from linux server to windows server? and then work with data in the new server.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Just copy it to the correct place as-is. Done.

0 Karma

Carolina
Engager

thank you !
Regards

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

So you got it to work now?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...