Deployment Architecture

How do you enable Forwarder Mangement?

rickwylie

Hi,

I have a new install of Splunk 6.0.3 on Mac OSX 9.2. When I try to use Forwarder management, all I get os a screen that tell me to "Learn More" which tells more all the great stuff you can do, but not how to actually enable Forwarder Management!.

I have trawled through the spunk answer, but most stuff assumed the Forwarder Management is working, and how to try and make the forwarders work.

Hints?

0 Karma

rickwylie

Thanks for that. I'll go manual trawling again.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you were reading the forwarder management overview, the very next topic (Plan a deployment) contains a summary of the steps. Then the topics after that have the details. It sounds as if you might not have configured the apps directories correctly, as MarioM states.

rickwylie

Thanks for that. I'll go manual trawling.

0 Karma

lmyrefelt
Builder

In addition to MarioM:s answer you should be able to get "forwarder Management" to be activated as well after the first Splunk forwarder "calls home" .

MarioM
Motivator

you need to put some apps to deploy in splunk/etc/deployment-apps/ folder like in splunk/etc/apps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...