Deployment Architecture

Forwarder management error

vrmandadi
Builder

I am getting the below error

The forwarder management interface does not support some settings in your serverclass.conf file. The interface is now read-only.

I was just navigating through the UI and tried creating a new serverclass but did not save anything but still the serverclass is showing in the deployment server.I tried deleting through the CLI in the serverclass.conf but I have not seen that

I have read in some post that it is because of filterType this causes the error.Any suggestions what is the best solution.Below is the stanza I have in few serverclass amd similar issue
machineTypesFilter = linux-i686,linux-x86_64,

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/185547/forwarder-management-issue.html

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

I figured it out .The app created is under
/opt/splunk/etc/apps/search/local/serverclass.conf .I deleted the and the error has gone

0 Karma

prakash007
Builder

I think the message you are seeing is expected on deployment server, you can't manage all the configs via deployment server web-interface..
check you repositoryLocation on your deloyment server(they usually reside under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/deployment-apps), whereas on deployment clients they are downloaded under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.1/Updating/Createdeploymentapps

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

What should I need to check specifically

0 Karma

prakash007
Builder

As you deleted the server class from CLI and If you are still seeing the serverclass you created from deployment-server UI, I would restart splunkd on deployment-server.
what's the exact error you are seeing..??
did you follow the splunkanswers resolution you posted in your question..??

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...