Deployment Architecture

Distributed search set up between A and B, node B missing source

orjanb314
Engager

In my company we have 2 servers running Splunk 4.1.5. Each one has the other configured to be a search peer in distributed search. So far only node A receives data for indexing and node B has only the default inputs. On node B most of the data from A is visible, but it's clear that much is missing. Most importantly no data with our Blucoat proxy as source shows up on node B.

I have also installed Splunk locally on my PC and configured it with both A and B as search peers. It has the same data as node B available. Anyone have any possible answers for this at the top of their heads?

Edit: I have made some screenshots to illustrate. I feel like I'm missing something very basic here, but I'm just a newbie. 😉

Splunk 1 Splunk 2

Tags (1)

canadianman

If you still have a problem with this, just go into the splunk support page and they have all the infirmations there.

0 Karma

canadianman

If you need some help with this just go into the splunk support page, they have all the information there.

0 Karma

orjanb314
Engager

As far as I can see it doesn't matter what searches I do, the data simply isn't available on B.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It seems likely that the "missing" data on A is in a non-default index. Queries from your PC and from node B are implicitly querying the default indexes (as defined on the machine from which you run the search). Node A probably has modified its local default indexes to include the index containing your "missing" data.

You could test this by explicitly querying for index=* (assuming that on your PC/node B that you are in fact allowed to query for those indexes).

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

what are the searches that you are doing in both indexer A and indexer B to view the bluecoat data?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...