Deployment Architecture

Differentiation of indices between nodes

Semen

What I need to deploy clustered indexes on different nodes. I want to get 3 clusters of 2 nodes each with the ability to search in all clusters from one search head.

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You want a multi-site cluster. See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.4/Indexer/Multisitedeploymentoverview.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You want a multi-site cluster. See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.4/Indexer/Multisitedeploymentoverview.

---
0 Karma

Semen

Thanks for the answer.
As far as I understand, in a multisite, data is replicated between sites. I need 3 clusters without replication between the clusters, but with the ability to search on all the clusters with one search head.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is typical for multi-site clusters to replicate data between sites, but you don't have to do so.

---
0 Karma

Semen

What are the index.conf and server.cong settings for this? There is no node selection in the index settings.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In server.conf, site_replication_factor = origin:2, total:2 will keep all copies in the originating site.

---
0 Karma

Semen

If a single node is unavailable in a site, will the index be replicated to a neighboring site? How to avoid it.

0 Karma

Semen

Thanks for the answer.
As far as I understand, in a multisite, data is replicated between sites. I need 3 clusters without replication between the clusters, but with the ability to search on all the clusters with one search head.
alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...