Deployment Architecture

Deployment Monitor Not Back Filling Data

nmace
Path Finder

I need to use the Deployment Monitor in Splunk 4.2.x to see what my usage info looks like historically. However when I go into DM (after enabling it), there is no data in the dashboard. So I go to the Backfill Data tab and tell it to Backfill Summary Indexes. I let that run overnight. This morning my DM Dashboard is still empty. I don't see anything obvious in the logs....what am I doing wrong? I'd really like this feature to work.

Edit: Actually when I go to the License Usage tab I do get this:

[subsearch]: [subsearch]: Your timerange was substituted based on your search string

1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Deployment Monitor that ships with 4.3 has a "add backfill jobs" user interface that makes adding backfill that much easier. A forthcoming version that will be uploaded to Splunkbase soon will also allow you visibility into the progress of the backill jobs.

View solution in original post

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Deployment Monitor that ships with 4.3 has a "add backfill jobs" user interface that makes adding backfill that much easier. A forthcoming version that will be uploaded to Splunkbase soon will also allow you visibility into the progress of the backill jobs.

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Which browser and operating system are you using?

0 Karma

nmace
Path Finder

OK, I've updated to 4.3. It still does the same thing when I go to "License Usage". If I try to backfill the data on the "Backfill Data" tab it won't add the job to the staged jobs. I click on "Add Jobs" and nothing happens. No errors....nothing.

0 Karma

nmace
Path Finder

So one solution would be to update to 4.3? Hmm....I need to do that anyway.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...