i have installed db connect on a SHC via the deployer.
The jdk1.1.8.0131 is installed on the deployer in the /opt/splunk/etc/shcluster/apps/splunkappdbconnect/drivers/jdk1.8.0131
It was pushed to the SHC captain - location of jdk1... /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunkappdbconnect/drivers/jdk1.8.0131/
* changed the path on the dbconnect app via the splunk console/qui to /configuration/settings/
* in the JRE Installation Path(JAVAHOME) i have the exact path that the jdk1... is located. But i receive a JAVA_HOME path not exist" when i try to save it.
Any idea why it won't save one of the SHCs via the splunk console/gui? In what file does the confguration/settings reside. Maybe i need to change it there in the deployer and then push it to the SHC captain.
jdk188.8.131.52_131 is a Linux RPM and would be installed on the system like so.
Keep in mind that the java rpm would need to be install on all instance that is running dbconnect.
rpm -i filename.rpm
I have only done single instance installs of dbconnect and not on a SHC, but this is what I've found about installing it on a cluster.
1. It looks like the db connect first needs to be setup on the search head deployer.
2. Download the latest version of dbconnect
3. Download and install jdk as mentioned above.
4. Download and install any db drivers required for your deployment. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.4/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers
5. Logon and ensure that the app is working.
6. Create identities and connections.
7. Copy the dbconnect app from /etc/apps to /etc/shcluster/apps on the deployer. There was an additional mention of two files that would need to be copied over manually from the deployer to the SHC nodes. kerberos_client.conf and identity.dat
8. Issue the deployer command