Deployment Architecture

Changing address of indexers for universal forwarders altogether

sh_tavousi
Explorer

Hi,

I want to know how we can change address of indexers for universal forwarders from deployment server as we have many UFs. Is there any way to change inputs.conf  of UFs instead of changing one by one.

Thanks,

Shohre

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I understand right you want to change UF's target server addresses on outputs.confs?

You should just create/update your UFs' app where you have all needed information to connect to your splunk indexers? I suppose that you have this kind of app in use instead of hard coded those under .../system/local/outputs.conf? If you haven't it then you should create one and migrate all your UFs to use it.

If you have indexer cluster in use then you you should use indexer discovery to manage these connections automatically.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...