Deployment Architecture

Challenges on boarding auto-scaling application to splunk on prem environment

btshivanand
Path Finder

Hi  All,

Can you please help to understand the challenges on boarding auto-scaling application data into splunk on prem environment? we use intermediate forwarders. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I assume that your autoscaling have installed splunkforwarder with initial configuration to connect eg. DS to get the real and updated configuration. Also I am assuming that you have some naming schema to known which Splunk’s serverclass this node belongs. Then there shouldn’t be any big issues to manage autoscaling. Of course if you have huge amount of events hundreds/thousands / second and your node crash then you could lost some events.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...