Deployment Architecture

Can you forward specific indexed data from one server to another?

michel_wolf
Path Finder

Hello,

Here is my scenario server:
Splunk_A has index_a index_b and index_c
Splunk_B has Index_d index_e and index_f

Is it possible to copy only index_f from Splunk_B to Splunk_A and configure forwarding and receiving only for index_f on Splunk_B?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Several options here.

1. You could create index_f on splunk A and then copy the warm/cold/frozen buckets from Splunk A to Splunk B. That’s a one time fix.

2. You could create an outputs.conf with a special server group that sends to Splunk A and Splunk B. Then using _TCP_ROUTING in inputs.conf you can specify which server group from outputs.conf that you want the data to be sent to. This is a more permanent solution that ensures future data goes to both places. See inputs.conf and outputs.conf documentation for more details.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Several options here.

1. You could create index_f on splunk A and then copy the warm/cold/frozen buckets from Splunk A to Splunk B. That’s a one time fix.

2. You could create an outputs.conf with a special server group that sends to Splunk A and Splunk B. Then using _TCP_ROUTING in inputs.conf you can specify which server group from outputs.conf that you want the data to be sent to. This is a more permanent solution that ensures future data goes to both places. See inputs.conf and outputs.conf documentation for more details.

0 Karma

michel_wolf
Path Finder

Hi jkat54,

thanks for your answer this will work for me in my scenario.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ok I converted to answer. Please accept as the answer to receive your karma 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...