Deployment Architecture

Can you configure Splunk Mobile server if your Splunk Enterprise 6.2 is using the free trial license?

tjjones0362
Explorer

I'm currently testing Splunk 6.2 in my development environment, and my main search head is using the 60 day free trial. I wanted to test the mobile app server as well, but wanted to see if anyone has deployed this while using the free trial license?

Thanks!

1 Solution

sni_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, it should work fine.

View solution in original post

sni_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, it should work fine.

jzhong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

yes. But once the trail license expires, the mobile solution won't work because it requires the ACL feature in Enterprise Edition.

0 Karma

satyatej18
Explorer

Hi there,

would it work with the trial version of the SPLUNK Cloud?

If so, would we still require to setup a mobile access server?

Regards,
Satya

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk Mobile Access no longer requires the Mobile Access Server, starting in version 2.1.0. You can connect directly now, or install the add-on if you need SSO support or push notifications. See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MobileApp/2.2.1/Install/Login

tjjones0362
Explorer

Confirmed. It does work while trial license is valid.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm 99% sure this will work with the trial license... in fact I think I've tested that back when the mobile server came out.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...