Deployment Architecture

Can't select timestamp field on DB Connect App?

AKG11
Path Finder

Hi, we are trying to configure a MSSQL query in DB Connect App. Some how we are not be able to select timestamp field.

Field is present in output results. Any idea what could be issue.

AKG11_0-1670350147090.png

Query:

use XXXXX
DECLARE @OFF_SET NUMERIC(1), @PREV_START_DATE VARCHAR(21), @PREV_END_DATE VARCHAR(21)
SET @OFF_SET = (select DATEDIFF(HH, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()))
SET @PREV_START_DATE = (SELECT CONVERT(VARCHAR(11),DATEADD(d,-1,DATEADD(dd, DATEDIFF(d,0,GETDATE()), 0)),106)+' 00:00:00')
SET @PREV_END_DATE = (SELECT CONVERT(VARCHAR(11),DATEADD(d,-1,DATEADD(dd, DATEDIFF(d,0,GETDATE()),0)),106)+' 23:59:59')
SELECT
    SUBSTRING(J.JOB_NAME,CHARINDEX ('_',J.JOB_NAME)+1, CHARINDEX ('_',J.JOB_NAME, CHARINDEX ('_',J.JOB_NAME)+1) - CHARINDEX ('_',J.JOB_NAME)-1) as APP_CODE,
    J.JOB_NAME,
    J.JOB_TYPE,
    DATEADD(HH,@OFF_SET,R.START_DATE_TIME) START_DATE_TIME_EST,
    DATEADD(HH,@OFF_SET,R.END_DATE_TIME) END_DATE_TIME_EST,
    DATEDIFF(ss,DATEADD(HH,@OFF_SET,R.START_DATE_TIME),DATEADD(HH,@OFF_SET,R.END_DATE_TIME)) as RUN_TIME_IN_SECONDS,
    S.NAME as JOB_STATUS,
    R.EXIT_CODE
FROM
    dbo.RPT_AS_JOB_DEF_DIMENSION J, dbo.RPT_AS_JOB_RUN_FACT R, dbo.RPT_AS_STATUS_DIMENSION S, dbo.RPT_AS_MACHINE_DIMENSION M
WHERE  
    J.JOB_DEF_ID=R.JOB_DEF_ID
    and R.STATUS_ID=S.STATUS_ID
    and R.RUN_MACHINE_ID=M.MACHINE_ID
    and J.JOB_NAME like 'PAT_%'
    and (DATEADD(HH,@OFF_SET,R.START_DATE_TIME) > @PREV_START_DATE AND  DATEADD(HH,@OFF_SET,R.START_DATE_TIME) < @PREV_END_DATE)
ORDER BY SUBSTRING(J.JOB_NAME,CHARINDEX ('_',J.JOB_NAME)+1, CHARINDEX ('_',J.JOB_NAME, CHARINDEX ('_',J.JOB_NAME)+1) - CHARINDEX ('_',J.JOB_NAME)-1), R.START_DATE_TIME

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

AKG11
Path Finder

I have simplified my query. removed the first command " use  <DB>" as its not needed. you can define the db and table from dropdown.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Neel

Hello @AKG11  ,  we are facing a similar issue, and trying to get data via a Stored procedure, as below, but not able to select the date column for choosing the _time. Any ideas please ?

DECLARE @From_DT DATE, @To_DT DATE;
SET @From_DT =xxx
SET @To_DT = xxx
exec 'storedprocedure_name' @From_DT, @To_DT;

0 Karma

ASplunker10

We are encountering this issue too. Did you find a solution @AKG11 ?

0 Karma

AKG11
Path Finder

I have simplified my query. removed the first command " use  <DB>" as its not needed. you can define the db and table from dropdown.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...