Deployment Architecture

Can I use Splunk Enterprise Add on as log management tool for Azure Websites (AppService)?

Obula

Hello,

I am hosting a website in Azure Platform as a Service(PaaS).

I am using Azure AppService to host my website and a Linux VM hosting MySQL database and connected both.

What I am planning to do is integrate logs (Application, web server, Azure Activity logs, MySQL logs) and monitor them.

Is it possible to achieve this using Splunk enterprise?

Thanks

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For this scenario, you can use the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services (a.k.a. MSCS) to pull in the data from the various components listed. Azure Websites expose data via an Azure Blob, and the MSCS add-on can pull in the data written there. For the Linux VMs, you can install a Universal Forwarder, or you can enable diagnostics within Azure and have Splunk pick up the diagnostic data. The MSCS add-on can also pick up the Azure Activity logs (a.k.a. Azure Audit logs).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...