Deployment Architecture

Can I restart search head servers from a deployer?

Mayurmpatil
Path Finder

I have 3 search heads . can I restart those from deployer server using below command?
splunk rolling-restart shcluster-members -status 1

Also
My indexer cluster and deployer are on same instance .
when I see from Web UI in Indexer Clustering: Master Node , it shows my search head servers, however when I run " ./splunk show shcluster-status" on same server it says below ..
"Search Head Clustering is not enabled on this node. REST endpoint is not available."

Also "./splunk show cluster-status " shows all indexer details correctly.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

hello there,

i think you are confusing the Deployer - controlling the members of the Search Head Cluster with the
Cluster Master - controlling the peers in an Indexer Cluster
read here about Deployer and SHC architecture: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.3/DistSearch/SHCarchitecture
read here about Cluster Master: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.3/Indexer/Basicclusterarchitecture

hope it helps

0 Karma

Mayurmpatil
Path Finder

thank you for the links.

just want to check , if I have configured deployer , will I be able to restart my search head server from deployer server ?
Also if the deployer is configured correctly , I should be able to see the search head cluster status from deployer server ( when I run ./splunk show shcluster-status ) . at the moment it is now showing cluster status

Or is it that I need to study more in Splunk?

Thank you
Mayur

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Both SHC Status and rolling restart CLI command can only be invoked by Cluster member search heads. Deployer's only role is for configuration deployment to SHC.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...