Deployment Architecture

Accessing the Cluster Master situated on a private network using a windows machine

moizmmz
Path Finder

Hello,

I am currently using Splunk sitting on a machine connected to public network.

What I want to do, is, open the overview (indexing information and disk usage information) on Splunk in the cluster master (which sits on a remote server in a private network).

I am supposed to connect to the cluster master through a bastion host.

I have been given the key (.pem file), as well as the ip addresses of the bastion host and the remote server that hosts the cluster master. I have also been told by my manager that port forwarding can be used.

Thing is, this is my first time doing this. And I don't know the putty commands or procedure.

Pls help!!

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This isn't really a Splunk question, more a particular network situation.

Refer to https://www.akadia.com/services/ssh_putty.html for details on how to configure PuTTY to establish a tunnel between your current machine and the bastion, and the bastion to the cluster master. This tunnel will exist as a local port on your machine which forwards connections (via the bastion) to the cluster master's port 8000.

SO you should end up with something like
L8000 clustermasterip:8000

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...