use of eval statement in tokens evaluation

PowerPacked
Builder

Hi guys

Can you help me with this.

I have this extra search in the xml, just for evaluating tokens

am trying this, but its not working

<search>
    <query>|inputlookup abc.csv |search Field1="$token1$" Field2="$token2$" Field3="$token3$"</query>
    <earliest>-15m</earliest>
    <latest>now</latest>
          <done>
                     <eval token="token4">if('result.Field2' == *,"*","'result.Field4'")</eval>
           </done>
  </search>

the lookup file has Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4 values

when the above search runs with tokens passed - token1,token2,token3 -- it lists out values the specific Field4 value matching with Field3,Field2,Field1 Value

& the tokens token1, token2, token3 are coming from inputs in the same XML.

Requirement:

1)  if (Field2 or token2) AND (Field3 or token3) is  not *, need to set the token4 value as Field4 value
2) if Field2 or token2 is *, need to set the token4 value as *

Thanks

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If all that you need is to know the values of all of your tokens, then why not just use a tool that does that automatically for you? Try Developer Gadgets App for Splunk

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3689/

0 Karma

rvany
Communicator

Where do Field1, 2, ... come from. Where do the tokens come from? What's the content of abc.csv?

0 Karma

PowerPacked
Builder

fields are there in lookup file abc.csv
& the above tokens are coming from inputs in the XML.
lookup flle contain fields Field1,Field2,Field3,Field4

0 Karma

rvany
Communicator

What happens if you set token4 to result.Field2 or ...3 regardless of their value, i.e. without using the if-construct.

0 Karma

PowerPacked
Builder

Thanks for reply

Yes the value of the Field2 is getting passed to token4, It was not working when i use eval if statement.

Thanks

0 Karma

rey123
Path Finder

Had the same use-case as PowerPacked. Commenting in case anyone was able to find a solution to this. Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...