Dashboards & Visualizations

time range picker broken in French Version of Splunk?!

Path Finder


I was contacted by one of our customers who said that our dashboards have translations errors...

Since that happens all the time.

But with this one I got quite confused, because it concerns a Splunk-standard component: The Time Range Picker.

As far as I know, this element shouldn't be affected by our own translations - but it's obviously broken...

As you can see in the attached comparison, the text in the button is not resolved properly, as it seems to have problems with some tokens.

Is this known behavior? Or did we configure it to behave like that?

We're using Splunk Ent. v6.5.5 and it happens on all dashboards, as well as in Chrome and Firefox

alt text

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I suggest you file a Support case about this, it looks like a defect to me.

0 Karma

Path Finder

Okay, I will report this. I tested this on a different machine, running Splunk 7.1 - same issue.
It kind of feels like I'm the first one to ever use the french translation, though...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing Data to Different Splunk Indexes in the OpenTelemetry Collector

This blog post is part of an ongoing series on OpenTelemetry. The OpenTelemetry project is the second largest ...

Getting Started with AIOps: Event Correlation Basics and Alert Storm Detection in ...

Getting Started with AIOps:Event Correlation Basics and Alert Storm Detection in Splunk IT Service ...

Register to Attend BSides SPL 2022 - It's all Happening October 18!

Join like-minded individuals for technical sessions on everything Splunk!  This is a community-led and run ...