Dashboards & Visualizations

pass a value from a dashboard as token along with the drilldown token to another dashboard.

anooshac
Communicator

Hi all,

I have 2 dashboards. The first dashboard has a table with 6 columns. Currently i am passing a value from a column "name" as a drill down token to another dashboard. There is column "URL" of the "name". I want to pass the value of URL of the selected name as token to be used in the second dashboard. I don't know how to pass the URL of the selected name to the second dashboard.

Tried setting the URL like this. But its not working.

<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">/app/abcd/dashboard1?name=$row.PName$</link>

<set token="tok_url">$row.URL$</set>
</drilldown>

Can anyone help me in this..

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">/app/abcd/dashboard1?name=$row.PName$&amp;URL=$row.URL|u$</link>
</drilldown>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">/app/abcd/dashboard1?name=$row.PName$&URL=$row.URL|u$</link>
</drilldown>
0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

Hi, thank you for the reply..

Trying that, but the '&' between the tokens is coming as invalid. Tried writing &amp too.. Still not working.. Do you know any solution for this?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">/app/abcd/dashboard1?name=$row.PName$&amp;URL=$row.URL|u$</link>
</drilldown>
0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

Yeah.. Thank you.. Forgot to put a semicolon 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...