Dashboards & Visualizations

index not working

Keerthi
Path Finder

Keerthi_0-1703070143786.png

Hi, i recently changes a SQL query in Splunk db connect to one of the dashboard. the query ran but i don't see the dashboard getting reflected to new data. as i was checking i see the index did not refresh after the new query is implemented. The last event of the index remians the day i changed the query. the new query had two new columns but i dont see it getting reflected. can anyone please help me with this. Its bit urgent !!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try changing it back to how it was

0 Karma

Keerthi
Path Finder

you mean the SQL query?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If that's all you changed, then yes

0 Karma

Keerthi
Path Finder

ok but i have new columns to be added. if i do so the index stops working. so the data is not forwarding to the indexing.  is there nay option to run my index again?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please explain your full process as you haven't really provided sufficient information to determine what you are doing, what you changed, what your results were before the change, etc.

0 Karma

Keerthi
Path Finder

so initially my source is a SQL based query. i had modified my query by adding 2 new columns. so i ran my source. the dashboard has 2 reports which is linked to index and source (sql query).Their events are showing 0 from past 6 days. i ran this command
|index=<index name> it shows 0 event.

Keerthi_0-1703074763525.png

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please provide more details about how the index is updated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...