Dashboards & Visualizations

how can I cache the dashboard ?

perlish
Communicator

can I use cache or memcached for speed up the dashboard ?
thank you !

Tags (2)

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

You can schedule a saved search, then use this saved search to populate graphs/tables in your dashboard.
The dashboard will render the last results of the scheduled saved search rather than executing the search each time the dashboard loads.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.3.3/User/CreateSimpleDashboards

mkhan_splunk

how can I cached dashboard in splunk6.2 ?

0 Karma

sportauthority

Is it possible to do something like this on splunk storm? I don't think I can schedule searches, but if I run one, then could the dashboard display the cached results, rather than running the search again?

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

And just to add ,if Scheduled Saved Searches aren't going to be a feasible option for you, then you may also want to look at performance tuning your search with techniques like Summary Indexing , http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/Usesummaryindexing

0 Karma

iunderwood
Path Finder

You'll need to run a saved search as often as you want the cached result to be valid. For example, if you want a 5-minute expire on a search, you'll need to run it every five minutes.

0 Karma

perlish
Communicator

thank you,but I need search in time.
can I cache the search result but no schedule search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...